Army Retirement Ceremonies National Capital Region
Soldiers Army-wide are invited to participate in a retirement ceremony conducted by ceremonial troops of the U.S. Army Military District of Washington (MDW).
Generally held on a weekday morning toward the end of each month, the ceremonies take place on Joint Base Myer - Henderson Hall (Fort Myer) Va. They are a fitting cap to a Soldier’s career and draws participants from the Army’s total force; Active, Guard and Reserve elements.
During summer months, weather permitting, Summerall Field is used for the ceremony. Conmy Hall is the venue October through March, and inclement weather. Signup for the ceremony is through the Fort Myer Transition Point. The form used to designate their participation in the ceremony can be obtained at retirement briefings for transitioning Soldiers, from the Fort Myer Transition Point or downloaded below. Soldiers not serviced by the Fort Myer Transition Point can also contact the Ceremonies and Special Events Office directly at (202) 685-2613/4916.
Please fax (or email) the completed form to the appropriate locations designated at the bottom of the form.
MDW also conducts General Officer retirement ceremonies on Fort Myer.
1. The following dates are established for Department of the Army (DA) and General Officer (GO) retirement ceremonies in 2014. Eligibility to participate is open to Soldiers Army wide. Ceremony location is Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall, Va. (JBM-HH), formerly known as Fort Myer, Va.
All retirement ceremonies (both DA and GO) are at 10 a.m. unless otherwise noted.
* Red items denote the remainder of 2013 Army Retirement Ceremonies. All above information regarding locations are the same in both years.
| Oct. || 30 || 31 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Nov. || 21 || 22 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Dec. || 19 || 20 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
Department of the Army 2014 Retirement Ceremonies
| Month || DA || GO || Location |
| Jan. || 30 || 31 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Feb. || 27 || 28 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Mar. || 27 || 28 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Apr. || 29 || 30 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| May || 29 || 30 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| June || 26 || 27 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| July || 25 || 26 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Aug. || 29 || 30 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Sept. || 25 || 26 || Summerall Field, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Oct. || 30 || 31 || |
Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va.
| Nov. || 19 || 20 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
| Dec. || 17 || 18 || Conmy Hall, JBM-HH, Va. |
2. If you are not contacted by the Military District of Washington Ceremonies and Special Events Office within 7 days of your scheduled retirement ceremony, please contact the Ceremonies Office at (202) 685-4916, 2613; or by email at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Inclement weather does not cancel the retirement ceremony. In the event of inclement weather during the months of May thru September the alternate location is Conmy Hall. High humidity and extreme high temperatures also constitutes inclement weather. Times may be changed due to supervening ceremonies.
4. This document supersedes any dates previously established. POC for this action is Mr. Reginald Mason at (202) 685-2613, or email@example.com; and Ms. Mickey Brown at (202) 685-4916, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Year 2013 Key Dates
| New Year Tuesday, 1 Jan ||Independence Day Thursday, 4 July |
| MLK Jr. Holiday Monday, 21 Jan ||Labor Day Monday, 2 Sep |
| President’s Day Monday, 18 Feb ||Columbus Day Monday, 14 Oct |
| Easter Sunday, 31 March ||Veterans Day Monday, 11 Nov |
| Memorial Day Monday, 27 May ||Thanksgiving Thursday, 28 Nov |
| Army Birthday Friday, 14 June ||Christmas Wednesday, 25 Dec |
Click here for Fort Myer map
Directions to Fort Myer
Right click to download the retirement data sheet
The Army Band and the Old Guard represent the Army well at outreach events large and small, near and far. They combine forces for the Twilight Tattoo performances at Fort Myer and the Spirit of America shows up and down the East Coast. Concerts and recitals by Army Band musicians and exhibitions by Old Guard performing units like the Army Drill Team or the Fife and Drum Corps keep the command in the public eye.